Friday, July 25, 2008

The POWER of the Blog!

Do any of you really know and understand the "power of the blog?"

If not, let me explain it to you! Or at least explain to you the "power of my blog", LOL!!
Remember my post entitled "Accidents Suck?"

Well, shortly after writing that post I received the following email:

Good morning Dana, I was directed to one of your postings that concerned your difficulty in having your vehicle repaired correctly after an accident. I read your entry and I am very sorry to hear that you have been through so much when this should have been fairly simple. I am unable to locate your claim with the little information gleaned from your BLOG. I am responsible for the Northeast Region, including New Jersey for GEICO and I would be more than happy to assist you in resolving your complaint with the repair of your vehicle. Please respond to this email with your claim number and phone number or feel free to call me and I will get to work on this immediately for you. I am at my office this week. Again, I am sorry that you have experienced difficulty with the repair and I look forward to working with you to resolve this.


And with that I responded:


Thanks for contacting me..... I'm not sure there is anything you'll be able to do for me.. I spoke to a girl at Geico and she told me they couldn't help me because I didn't use a Geico autobody shop! I told her it was funny, because when I got into the accident no one from Geico EVER told me that I need to use a certain shop or I wouldn't be covered if something like this had happened.. Truthfully I wish someone had told me that, because that probably would have turned me away from the particualr shop I used... What a frustrating situation... I appreciate you cotacting me though and looking to help.. How did you get directed to my Blog and post?

It turns out that one of the Senior officers saw it and referred my post to someone who could help me!


And after going back and forth for 2 more emails:


Would you believe that at this moment - I have just picked up my car from being fixed at the Body Shop!?! GEICO really came through and they were SOOO nice and amazing through this whole process... At 1st I was frustrated with the whole situation, but they really did an amazing job to help me out!

Geico even went as far as contacting the Auto Body Shop themselves (I didn't even know they were going to do that) and spoke directly to the owner.. And this Auto Body shop is no "Mom & Pop Shop" it's a big establishment!


Then the owner personally contacted me to rectify the situation! When speaking to the owner directly he did try to inform me that the peeling and chipping was due to rocks hitting my car.. I would have believed him if this hadn't already happened a time before.. He tried to say that since my car is low to the ground i could have hit/banged into something and flying rocks did the damage.. I personally think he was just trying to cover his own ass! I mean there wasn't one chip anywhere else on my car except the spots that had been fixed twice by the auto body shop! And the spots that were nevery fixed in the 1st place(like the hood of the car - but whatever)

Anyway, what was awesome about Geico was, that they even went as far as telling me that they would have one of the reps inspect my car before I picked it up in order to make sure it was fixed correctly this time!!

Isn't that amazing - I so loooove Geico for that!
Before I was thinking about switching insurance companies - NOW - I don't think i'll ever switch!! They did great by me and I recommend them to all of my friends & Family! Check out Geico - they truly do stand by their customers! And this sets them apart from the others!!
And again, never underestimate the power of your blog!!


Here are some pictures of the what my car looked like after the accident:




And here are some pictures of what my car looks like after they fixed it a 3rd and hopefully the last time!






THANKS AGAIN GEICO

19 comments:

Lori said...

wow how cool is that! I'm glad they went out of their way to fix the situation

Anonymous said...

wow that is awesome!

Ashley // Our Little Apartment said...

Woah, that's awesome.

People like to keep bloggers happy, because if you piss us off, we'll let everyone know! :)

Anonymous said...

omg! your blog has serious power. how long have you been blogging? you are clearly incredibly popular! oh, and i shipped your card.. its on its way!

Amanda-The Family News! said...

Good deal!! My parents have had Geico for like EVER and I mean that - I bet it has been over 25 years!

Anna said...

Wow, that is so awesome! I'm glad your car is all better now! :)

Sarah Elizabeth said...

Congrats! That is an awesome coincidence that someone was able to help you through your blog! I also use Geico, and have never had a problem. But if I do I will for sure blog about it and maybe get noticed too!

Susel said...

wow that's awesome Dana! I'm glad that your insurance company came through and did what they are suppose to be there for. I guess the Geico Gecko is right about geico then :)

Marni's Organized Mess said...

What a great thing to happen to you. I am so happy for you Dana.

Pam said...

Wow! That is amazing! I have never had anyone other then other bloggers leave comments. Maybe I should start posting about all the things I wish I had and see if they show up at my door ;)

I'm glad you had a good resolution to your car problem and hopefully you will not have any other issues.

Mamarazzi said...

THAT is awesome!!

Christy said...

WOW! I am going to start bitching about more stuff on my blog!

I am glad your car was fixed!

Katelin said...

okay that's awesome. so cool when people actually come through and for the benefit of your car :)

Mama Smurf said...

I'm still amazed that they came across your blog! That's hilarious!

And that's some awesome customer service!

Anonymous said...

That is awesome! I have a few companies that I need to go blog about now ;)

thatShortchick said...

i love hearing when companies actually care about providing quality customer service and maintaining a strong customer base.

good job GEICO!

Tipp said...

YES!!! That is the least they can do!

EP said...

Woohoo! That's incredible how things worked out. Blogging really can be powerful. And your car looks awesome now. Yay!

Auburn Kat said...

Wow! That is cool!