Tuesday, June 10, 2008

100 Things About Me! And One for Good Luck!

YAY- I've made it to my 100th Post! Thanks to everyone who visits my blog!
So - here is 100 things about me. I hope you like it and learn more about me.

1. I was born on March 24, 1980 in Plainfield, NJ.

2. I was born 8 weeks early and weighed only 4 pounds 2 ounces.
3. I was only 12 hours old when I went on my 1st helicopter ride.

4. I used to be a lifeguard and swim instructor.

5. I worked at Old Navy & Banana Republic in high school.

6. I went to an all girls catholic high school.

7. Danielle & Heather (from New Mommy Rant) and I plegded the sorority Theta Phi Alpha our freshman year in college.

8. I graduated Monmouth University with a BA in Communication: Radio & TV.

9. I graduated Monmouth University with a Masters in Teaching!

10. My favorite color is pink.

11. I have a mom - Laurie & a brother - Chris.

12. I haven't seen my Dad in 12 years!

13. I love "Breyers" Vanilla Bean Ice Cream.

14. and Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream.
15. I love Turkey Tacos

16. anything Italian.
17. and salad.

18. Danielle (from New Mommy Rant) & I lived together for 3 years.
19. I have been to Disney World 10 times.

20. I love watching bad reality TV.

21. Grey's Anatomy is currently my favorite show.

22. Beverly Hills 90210 is my favorite show of all time.

23. I LOVE Jennie Garth.

24. In high school I spent 2 weeks traveling through Spain.

25. I've been to Aruba

26. the Bahamas

27. and Bermuda.

28. My 1st car was a 92 purple Saturn SC2.

29. My 2nd car was a 2000 Black 4 door Explorer XLT

30. Now I drive a 2007 red honda civic EX.

31. I've been in 5 weddings.

32. I shave my legs every time I take a shower - I hate having stubble on my legs.

33. I teach kindergarten.

34. I have lived in New Jersey all of my life.

35. I would love to move out of state - to somewhere warm.

36. Emily Giffin is my favorite author!

37. I don't go anywhere with out my sunglasses(even on rainy days) and Orbitz Bubblemint Gum.

38. I used to intern at VH1 in New York City.

39. I was in NYC at the time of 9-11.

40. I was stuck in NYC during 9-11 for over 10 hours all alone.

41. I bartended for 6 years. That's where I started dating my Boyfriend Brian - he was the owner!

42. Brian and I will be together for 7 years on October 2nd!

43. I hate when people ask me "when are you getting engaged or married?"

44. I LOVE Coach purses!

45. and Fendi purses.

46. and Gucci purses.

47. I REALLY want a pair of Christian Louboutin shoes

48. and a pair of Manolo's.

49. I "HEART" Sex and the City. I used to watch the DVD's over and over every night before I went to bed for 2 years straight!

50. I LOVE my birthday.
51. I LOVE Christmas!
52. I hate getting presents - it makes me feel uncomfortable!

53. I LOVE giving other people presents!

54. I love watching TMZ at 6:30 PM.

55. Jeopardy at 7 PM.

56. and Wheel of Fortune at 7:30 PM.

57. My favorite nail polish is Black Satin by Chanel!

58. Surprisingly I love to go camping with my friends; something about being out in the woods.
59. I hate to be sung to on my Birthday.

60. I love taking overnight trips to Atlantic City.

61. While in AC I like to play a game called Super Jackpot Party.

62. When I stay in hotels I LOVE to get room service.

63. My alcoholic drink of choice is orange vodka with cranberry juice and a splash of club soda with extra fresh lime.

64. I also love to drink champagne!

65. So far (knock on wood) I have only got 2 speeding tickets;1 for going 3 MPH over the speed limit (and the jerk took my PBA card away) and 1 for going 10 mph over the speed limit. I had to pay $450.00 for the 2nd ticket so I didn't get any points on my license... Boy was I pissed!!

66. I cry at sappy TV commericals.

67. I used to want 3 or 4 children. Now that I've been teaching I tell Brian: let's start with 1 and see how it goes!

68. I've always wanted to travel to Hawaii and see all of the islands.

69. Arizona is the closest I've gotten to the West Coast, I really want to go to California.

70. I drink coffee with french vanilla creamer.

71. I like Duncin Donuts SOOO much better than Starbucks.

72. I'm 5 foot (almost) 3 inches tall.

73. I love to sing all of the Johnny Cash songs from
"Walk The Line!"

74. I have Sirius Satellite Radio - I love to listen to Howard Stern. I also love to watch him on HowardTV. He may be crude - but he's brutally honest and I love that!

75. I have been to the Body Worlds Exhibit - seeing the bodies was creepy, but very interesting.

76. I love Oprah & Ellen - when i get home from work early I have a difficult time picking who to watch at 4. Lately Ellen has been winning.. She makes me laugh!

77. I put Cayenne Pepper on everything I eat. I like things soooo spicy & hot that my eyes water. I'm starting to think I'm ruining my tastebuds because I always find that my food is just not spicy enough!

78. Growing up I had 3 cats.

79. Now I love Dogs. I've had 2, Jax and Belle - both Britney Spaniels.
80. I played Field Hockey in High School - I was captain of my team.
81. Cooking is my passion and very theraputic for me. I love to try new recipes and ideas!

82. I love fruit; especially blackberries, raspberries, and strawberries.

83. I really enjoying going for rides on Brian's motorcycle.

84. When I was 17 and started driving I didn't know I had to get an oil change on my car(no one ever mentioned that to me) so I drove for 5 months without one.

85. One day when I cashed my paycheck i didn't realize until after I got home that the bank had given me too much money in my envelope. Well karma's a bitch cause that night I fell down the stairs and got a flat tire.

86. I love surprises!

87. When I was 15 I got sick from drinking Guiness! I soooo learned my lesson.

88. I'm a really great matchmaker. I set up 2 of my friends with their hubby/hubby to be!

89. I have blue eyes.

90. I have worn contacts since I was in the 6th Grade.

91. I had my tonsils out when I was 21! It really sucked.. I didn't eat anything for 2 1/2 weeks and I lost 20 pounds!

92. I gained all of the weight back as soon as I started eating again.

93. I have 3 tattoos. 1 on my foot, 1 on my back, and 1 on my stomach.. And my belly button pierced! My mom hates them all!

94. I want to get 2 of my tattoos removed.

95. Eventhoug I love my birthday - I hate getting older! Turning 28 was tough for me!

96. Even in the summer I love to sleep with multiple blankets.

97. I am the happiest when all of my friends and I are together.

98. My favorite thing to do is relax on the couch with my boyfriend and watch a movie and have dinner!

99. I wear a size 6 or 6 1/2 shoe.

100. The Rocky movies are probaly my favorite movies of all time! I cried during all of them!

101. I'm happy you've just finished reading 100 things about me!

20 comments:

Ashley // Our Little Apartment said...

YAY! This was great - I feel like I learned soo much about you. (Like I said, I normally can' t read these things all the way through, but with you I totally did!)

I can't believe you shave your legs every time you shower - I'm impressed and FAR too lazy to do that. :)

Also? I didn't know you were short as well! (Not as short as me, but stilll.) And we wear the exact same size shoes. :)

I love Johnny Cash, too. Great list!

Amanda-The Family News! said...

Great list - I'm glad to have learned more about you!! Mine is coming up so watch for it!!
You were 8 weeks early - your due date must have been right about my birthday (May 20).. And, I LOVE Ellen too!! She is SO funny - when I was out on maternity leave I got SO addicted! Here she comes on at 3pm and Oprah comes on afterwards!!!
Enjoyed this post!!!

Anonymous said...

I knew most of these things but learned some new things about you...hahaha! Never knew you shaved your legs everyday...LOL! You know I love my trashy reality TV too...LOL! And thanks for setting me up with my hubby-to-be!!

Love ya lots! xoxoxo...Can't wait to see you on Saturday.

Future Mom (Heather) said...

Congrats on your 100th post! I am also another of your set ups - so thanks again. Married 3 years & still like each other LOL!

I am happy to sat that I knew a lot of these but also learned some new ones. I can't believe you still shave so much...you must go through so much shaving cream! I shave like once in the winter and only when i have to wear shorts/dress/bathing suit in the summer :)

I also love camping with you & going to Atlantic City...I haven't been there in over 2 years though so this weekend will be really fun and special!

Thanks for being such a great friend and getting me into Sex and the City and helping me with my cooking!

EP said...

Fun! I know you a lot better now! (:

You were seriously a VH1 intern? How'd you score that? Was it awesome? My cousin was in NYC for 9-11, too, and was really scared. I can imagine it was frightening to be left alone for so long that day. :/

Also, what are your tattoos of?

Marni's Organized Mess said...

You just confirmed you're as cute as I thought you were. :)

You can come and stay with me in Cali anytime. ;-)

Christy said...

Holy guacamole! That was a lot of information! My first car was a Saturn too. I currently drive a mini van because I am a lame housewife.

Pam said...

Wow! That was awesome. I know I won't remember that all! ;) When 9-11 happened, I wasn't in NY, but I was teaching in MD and I was only 15 minutes from DC. I was teaching at a school that was mostly military and many parents worked at the Pentagon. It wasn't the loss at NY, but it was tough for us there too.

I also was working there when the DC sniper hit those areas. that was VERY scary b/c I drove past the school he shot a student at- every day on my way to work. He would have been there when I drove by. That freaked me out.

Okay- sorry- that turned into a comment about me!

Thanks so much for letting us learn so much about you!

Tipp said...

You go girl! I can't even imagine to attempt this!

Katelin said...

yay on 100 posts! loved this one a lot. always fun to find new stuff out about bloggers :)

disneyworld 10 times?! i am so so jealous. and woo for grey's and cooking and giving gifts :)

Danielle said...

Yay! I am pretty sure I knew almost all of that. You shave waaaay to much. I shave like once a year. haha I'll never forget 9/11and talking to you on the phone. Can't wait for us girls to be together this weekend.

Auburn Kat said...

That was a great list!! I learned a lot about you.

Mommy Mechanics said...

Oh I am far too lazy to shave my legs everytime in the shower, I'm lucky if I get to twice a week. I know yuck! Congratulations on 100 posts!

Melanie said...

I am also 5 feet (almost) 3 inches tall.

8 weeks early- and you were tiny- wow!

And you shave your legs everyday? I shave mine every month ;)

Mama Smurf said...

It's so fun learning about you. We have a lot in common.

the DVR is a wonderful thing...then not only would you get to watch both Oprah AND Ellen...but you would get to watch both with NO commercials!

PS...so when are you getting married? ;)

Tracy said...

Happy 100th post! I love to cook, MUST sleep with lost of covers no matter what time of the year it is and have a tatoo on my back that I want removed too!

Missy said...

I finally had a chance to read through this - I love 100 things memes! I am exactly 14 days older than you. :)

Anonymous said...

So funny - I followed a link over here and...we have the same birthday (I'm 4 years older though), I was a lifeguard and swim instructor, I'm Catholic (a slack one...), I teach kindergarten, I hate stubble, presents make me uncomfortable but I love giving, I'm 5 foot almost 3 inches tall, I love fruit, I have blue eyes...

totally freaky. ;-)

thatShortchick said...

OMG! i was born in plainfield, nj in '86!!!

so were you a north/central jersey girl??

forgive me, but i just discovered your blog from 'our little apartment' and i'm so glad i did!!!

Irish said...

Any woman that loves Rocky is good in my book