Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Tasty Tuesday

This week I thought to post recipes that you and your children would love try.. Check out New Mommy Rant for another healthy recipe your little ones will love! Here is a great recipe for homemade peanut butter!
HOMEMADE PEANUT BUTTER
Ingredients:
1 1/2 c. unsalted roasted peanuts
1 tbsp. peanut oil
Utensils:
food processor (You'll need help from your adult assistant.)
bowl
mixing spoon
storage container
measuring cups and spoons

Directions:
For smooth peanut butter:
Mix the peanuts with the peanut oil, and pour the mixture into the food processor.
Process the mixture until it's very smooth.
Store your smooth peanut butter in a sealed container in the fridge. It will be good for 2 weeks.
For chunky peanut butter:
Take about 1/4 cup out of your 1 1/2 cups of peanuts and set them aside.
Mix the rest of the peanuts with the oil, and pour the mixture into the food processor.
Process the mixture until it's very smooth, then stir in the peanuts that you had set aside.
Process a few seconds more to create the chunks in your chunky peanut butter.
You can store your chunky peanut butter in a sealed container in the fridge. It will be good for 2 weeks.



EAT & ENJOY!

12 comments:

Pam said...

I love peanut butter!

Auburn Kat said...

If I enjoyed cooking, I would definitely do that! BUT, I don't =)

Tracy said...

Fun cokking project to do with kids! I'm just not a fan of peanut butter. Maybe we'll make it and send it to my brother.

Unknown said...

Hi! Love your blog! And I will be testing out that recipe after vacation LOL. I would like to invite you to check out Mom Dot it is a site that is focusing on featuring bloggers. We all love to have readers and comments make us feel loved so this is a way to get that done. You can read about it on my blog A Daily Dose of Toni (that link will take you to the post about Mom Dot). If you are interested in being added to our list please contact me back at tpatton5@gmail.com Just make the title Mom Dot so I know you are not a spammer LOL. We will feature every blogger involved at some point. Hope to hear from you soon!

Tipp said...

YUMMY! I will have to try that!

Ashley // Our Little Apartment said...

Oh! YUM! I'm obsessed with PB, so I've got to try this!!

EP said...

Yum! I don't know why I thought i was more complicated to make peanut butter...

Mommy Mechanics said...

Yum, we will try this, we go through peanut butter like crazy so my family would love this.

Anonymous said...

yum! thanks for posting this recipe, I'm going to have to try it.

Marni's Organized Mess said...

Mmmmm, I love PB!

Katelin said...

yummmm i love peanut butter!

Anonymous said...

I really wanted to try a natural peanut butter. I will try it.