Monday, August 18, 2008

Fall TV Updates

I found some AOLnews regarding the FALL TV Line-up and I thought I would spread the word.. With new episodes starting up in only a few weeks I know that I am super excited… I’ve been bored with re-runs and the same ole movies…Take a sneak peak of what’s to come this fall – here are some of my personal favs:

Grey’s Anatomy
Their relationship probably won't ever be angst-free, but Meredith and her Dr. McDreamy will be ensconced in a happy relationship of sorts in season 5. We have just one word: 'shew! And there's more: Alex and Izzie's season 4 hook-up continues, as does the Sapphic storyline of Callie and Hahn. Rumors persist that Jeffrey Dean Morgan will return as Denny Duquette on 'Grey's Anatomy' even though he kicked the bucket in season 2. A hunk who's confirmed for the fifth season: Kevin McKidd, Patrick Dempsey's rival in the chick flick 'Made of Honor.' McKidd will play Owen, a military doc who joins the Seattle Grace staff and catches the eye of Sandra Oh's Cristina.

Desperate Housewives
'Desperate Housewives' diva Gaby (Eva Longoria) has become a frumpy housefrau, thanks to her crew of rambunctious children. Elsewhere in Wisteria Lane's future, Mike and Susan have broken up, Carlos is a masseuse, Bree's a successful author and Kathryn is her employee.
ER
I don’t really watch ER anymore(especially since Grey’s started), but 'ER' begins its 15th and final season Sept. 25, and while some cast members are exiting early -- Maura Tierney's Abby may be bolting to Boston with hubby Luka and their son -- others will be returning, namely Noah Wyle's John Carter and Shane West's Ray Barnett, complete with a pair of prosthetic legs and a continuing jones for Neela.
Prison Break
Michael's reunited with presumed beheaded love Sara in the 'Prison Break' season 4 premiere (Sept. 1), but that doesn't mean their troubles are over, especially since Michael and Linc are forced to work with an FBI agent (Michael Rapaport) to bring down the Company once and for all.
Private Practice
After a lackluster entry into the ABC primetime lineup last season, 'Grey's Anatomy' spin-off 'Private Practice' will focus more on the docs' love lives this go-around. For Addison, that'll mean clocking some time with hottie cop Kevin, played by 'Gilmore Girls' dad David Sutcliffe, who's scheduled to be around for at least 10 eps.
The Shield
'The Shield' premieres its seventh and final season on Sept. 2 on FX, and much of the 13-episode run will revolve around Strike Team leader Vic trying to track down his former team member and best friend Shane, who's on the lam now that a vengeance-minded Vic knows Shane killed fellow Strike Team member Lem.




Entourage
Look for Marky Mark, i.e. Mark Wahlberg, to pop up as himself on an episode of 'Entourage' (premiere Sept. 7), where he'll spar with Ari. Inside joke: Wahlberg, an executive producer for the show, is the inspiration for Vinnie Chase, and his hotshot agent, Ari Emanuel, is the inspiration for Jeremy Piven's Ari Gold. 'Sopranos' star Jamie-Lynn Sigler guests as herself on 'Entourage,' where she falls for one of the fellas (rumored to be Turtle!). Whoopi Goldberg and her crew guest star when Johnny Drama suffers a break-up and then melts down while promoting his show-within-a-show, 'Five Towns,' on 'The View.'

The Office
Rumor has it that when 'The Office' returns September 25, we'll not only get a happy update on last season's disappointing Jim/Pam almost-engagement, but we'll also find Michael forcing the staff to participate in a weight-loss challenge. As for cast members, it's been confirmed that Ryan, Toby and new HR rep Holly will all be back this season. 'Mad Men' star Rich Sommer guests in 'The Office' season opener, in a storyline that's part of a much-ballyhooed "big twist." Could that have something to do with the baby shower Michael forces the gang to throw for Jan? Or the birth of Jan's baby? Or the fact that Pam is off in New York as a Pratt Institute art student? We're dying to know!
The “New” 90210
Rumors from the set of the CW's 'Beverly Hills, 90210' makeover hint that Jennie Garth's Kelly Taylor, now the high school guidance counselor, will have a fling with a school coach. And she might have a five-year-old kid. Whose father might be Dylan or Brandon. We do know that Luke Perry will not be returning like fellow cast-mates Shannon Doherty and Joe E. Tata..

Boston Legal
Also signing off this season: 'Boston Legal,' which is good news for those Lead Actor Emmy contenders who've been overshadowed by James Spader these many years. The fifth season, comprised of 13 episodes, kicks off Sept. 22, and finds Denny Crane (William Shatner) making a visit to his doctor, who gives him the surprising news that he may not have Alzheimer's.

What TV Show's are looking foward to seeing this season?

20 comments:

Lori said...

lol... I don't watch any of those shows. I'm looking forward to Criminal Minds, CSI (the original), hmmm Rachael Ray. That's probably it

Pam said...

I can't wait for Grey's to start!

Anna said...

I'm looking forward to One Tree Hill, The Hills and Prison Break!!

Mama Smurf said...

OMG...I CAN NOT WAIT to see Wentworth Miller's gorgeous self again...

*sigh*

Anonymous said...

I love Grey's and Housewives. Those are the most awesome, bestest shows-lol! I'm not sure how the New 90210 will go. I'll give it a chance though.

Mozi Esme said...

Aw - I'll miss Boston Legal.

Danielle said...

I love fall...and all the new epsiodes. Love Prison Break!!!!

Matt said...

Im not sure if you know this or not...

but me and Eva Longoria are secretly lovers...

so of course I cant wait to see her show...

umm desperate midwives or something like that.

Anonymous said...

Looks like you're as big an ABC shows fan as I am! Grey's Anatomy is my favorite. If you're looking to get caught up on the latest seasons, i recommend the newly release "starter kits" from ABC: http://abc.go.com/player/?channel=125571

EP said...

I'm really excited about the Office and Grey's. I didn't realize Grey's was already in the fifth season. Time flies, huh?

I cannot wait for the new shows to come back on!

Anonymous said...

I cannot wait. Thanks for posting this because until today, I could have sworn Private Practice had been canceled??? I really liked that show! and Grey's? OMG Greys... I miss that show, I hate fall and winter but the only good thing is that I can watch Dr. McSexy (I mean, McDreamy, or McSteamy, hell they're all darn sexy! hahaha)

thatShortchick said...

i can. not. wait for:

LIFE (an NBC show with Damian Lewis & Sarah Shahi) - seriously, this show is sooo freaking good.

THE NEW 90210 - jennie garth & shannon doherty both reprising their roles? yes, please!

GREY'S - always appointment television for me and my mom.

Anonymous said...

Desperate is my fav, but I'm not sure i'm going to like the direction it's going in!

Alison said...

I love Entourage and the Office! Also, I will be tuning into Gossip Girl, can't help it!

Love your blog! Have a great day!

Auburn Kat said...

I LOVE Entourage! Love it!!!!!! I can't wait until fall tv starts!

Missy said...

so excited for The Office to start!
and I hadn't heard about the new 90210 (I am usually the last to know things). Could be interesting...

Anonymous said...

I love Private Practice!!! I like even more than Grey's Anatomy! If anyone wants to check out their Starter Video they just need to go to:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcHwztLFGbY

It is all the info you need to catch up for the new season! It is awesome!!!

amanda said...

Dana. Ah. Fall TV...
so excited that the
shows are all going to
be starting back up.
I felt like with the
big strike last year...
we were all a little ripped
off. Pshh.

So yayyy!

I too am SO pumped for
the new 90210...I have really
high hopes for it.
And Greys...and Housewives...
and Entourage...and One
Tree Hill...and Dancing With
The Stars. (I LOVE TV...oops!)

And we finally got
The Hills premiere last
night...

Welcome back Fall!

Anonymous said...

I'm surprised the guys from Entourage didn't ask us to make a cameo this season...LOL! Can't wait for 90210...hate the Fall but LOVE Fall TV!!

Katelin said...

i cant' wait for my shows to come back. shows being: how i met your mother, greek, heroes, svu, criminal minds, top model, grey's, csi:, desperate housewives and without a trace.

yes i watch a lot of television.