Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Random Recipes

When I was in my senior year of high school I told my Mom I wanted to go to Culinary School to become a Chef. She told me that I HAD to go to a College or University and then after I graduated I could entertain that idea. 10 years later - I'm still wishing I went! I love to cook and bake so I figured now and then I'd share some of my favorite recipes. Hope you enjoy!!

PENNE with SALAMI, MOZZARELLA, and ARUGULA

1/4 Cup of Olive Oil
4 Cloves of Garlic (Thinly Sliced)
1 Can (35 oz) plum (Roma) Tomatoes well drained and coarsely chopped
TBL Spoon of Dry White Wine
1 lb of Penne (or your favorite pasta)
1/4 lb of hard salami - diced into small cubes
1/2 lb fresh mozzarella cheese cut into small cubes
1 bunch arugula
1 Cup grated Romano Cheese

*Bring a large pot of water to boil.

*In a large frying pan over medium heat, warm the 1/4 cup olive oil. Add the garlic and saute it until it becomes a golden color (approx. 2 minutes). Add the plum tomatoes and increase the heat. Cook until the tomatoes release their liquid (approx. 5 minutes). Add the white wine and let it boil off for a couple of minutes.
*Add the pasta to the boiling water and cook for 12 - 14 minutes.
*Add the salami to the sauce and season with fresh black pepper to taste
*Drain the pasta and place it in a large bowl. Add the tomato sauce and toss well. Add the arugula, mozzarella, drizzle with a little bit of olive oil and toss. Add a heaping spoonful of grated cheese and toss one last time and ENJOY :)

I don't think many of my friends know that I always wanted to be a chef..
OH HOW I WISH I WENT TO CULINARY SCHOOL!! - LOL...


No comments: