Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Thanks Kiddies


It seems as though one of the lovely little kiddies that I teach gave me **BIG SIGH** ringworm.... Yes, you heard it right, ringworm...


No, no no - it's not an actual worm!! What is ringworm you ask - it's a **BIG SIGH** fungus!!! It looks like a tiny little perfect red circle that itches! At least mine does!! It is actually pretty facinating in a gross fungus kind of way, LOL... I'll spare you with a picture - it's so small anyway - about the size of a pea.


I knew what it was the moment I saw it! But just to be safe I went over to the walk-in E.M.O(emergency medical office) just for clarification. While I was waiting in the room the nurse came in for the standard , "what are you hear for today?" kind of questions. I showed her the spot on my arm and mentioned that i thought I had a ringworm spot and I wanted the doctor to just confirm it. Would you believe the nurse had NO IDEA what ring worm was??? Isn't that a little wierd - we're talking about a nurse!! I don't know, I find it a little weird.. She looked at me like I was crazy!!


So anyway the doctor took one look at said, "yup, that's it! that's ringworm!" I was talking to him and he said it's pretty common in schools and daycares.. (It's funny cause I noticed a spot on one of my children's legs but didn't think anything of it at the time...)Then the doctor made some stupid joke about "fungus among us!" I wanted to die of embarassment - I don't know if I was embarassed for him or for myself, LOL...


So in 2 to 3 weeks I will be fungus free... All i need to do is apply over the counter ahtletes foot cream to the area!! I feel so gross I mean who likes to have a fungus among them?? Not me!!! it's nasty!!!!

12 comments:

Auburn Kat said...

How could the nurse not know what ringworm was? Seriously?!? Even I know that!

Anna said...

Wow, the nurse didn't know what ringworm was?

I hope you get better soon!

Future Mom (Heather) said...

i got ringworm in middle school from the gym locker room i think and my aunt made the same fungus among us joke then LOL

i guess people can't resist :)

also i think that nurse needs to go back to school!

Andrea said...

I can't believe the nurse had no idea what ring worm was! Weird! Hopefully yours goes away fast though.

Amanda-The Family News! said...

Yea, I would tell the nurse she might want to head back to school for a while longer - and pay attention this time!

EP said...

Eh. That's no fun. I hate when children pass along things to teachers or counselors or other people in their lives. (I have a bad habit of getting pink eye at least ONCE a winter because of children rubbing their eyes. Ugh.)

I hope it feels better and stops itching soon! And I cannot believe the nurse didn't know what it was!

Anonymous said...

All I can say is....ewwwww!

Pam said...

oh! I am so sorry! I hope it clears up soon

Katelin said...

oy ringworm. however i would have laughed at the 'fungus among us' too, haha. i'm so easily amused.

Tracy said...

Ahhhhhhhhhhh the life of a teacher. I would have definately been embarrassed for the doc too and the nurse WTF?

Missy said...

like everyone else already said, I can't believe the nurse didn't know what it was! I am fairly sure I could even identify it! weird...

Anonymous said...

How could a nurse not know what ringworm was? Craziness!!

I have had it a few times- all those years working with kids will do that to you.