You Should Make 3 Resolutions
Wednesday, December 31, 2008
Tuesday, December 30, 2008
Saturday, December 27, 2008
Thursday, December 25, 2008
Wednesday, December 24, 2008
Usually Christmas Day we all (my mom, brother, Heather, my grandparents and I go to my aunt's house and have dinner with my cousins). But since my cousin Andrea just had a baby and isn't scheduled to come home from the hospital until today we have decided to stay home this year and have a quiet dinner... I am looking forward to this.. It's going to be nice to not have to rush around and get ready to leave.. I'll be able to hang around in my PJ's and chill on the couch for a good part of the morning!!
After my house I go to Brian's parents house for a 2nd dinner/dessert and celebration with his family..
And then comes my favorite part....... Brian and I go back to our place and exchange presents late night, sit by the tree, and watch movies and just enjoy being together.. It's almost like our own personal Christmas Celebration!!! It's kinda of a tradition... and I love traditions...Merry Christmas Eve to all!!!!
Tuesday, December 23, 2008
On another note, I've was soo busy yesterday... and today I'm going to another psych hosptial to observe 2 other teachers.... I apologize if I've been or will be MIA from commenting.. It's just going to take me some getting used to with my new schedule!!! But i have been and will be reading.. Hopefully i'll get on a new schedule quick.. and Hopefully my new lil cousin will get on a schedule for her mom and dad...
Monday, December 22, 2008
Saturday, December 20, 2008
And be done, showered, dressed, and ready for 1:45 pm....And I was wondering why I was up at 6:30 am on a saturday morning.. Hmmmmm..
Friday, December 19, 2008
Thursday, December 18, 2008
Wednesday, December 17, 2008
The time has come for me to move into a different stage of my professional life. Thank you for the opportunities for professional and personal development that you have provided me during the last 3 1/2 years. My time at *** provided me with a chance to learn from the other great teachers within the school and the opportunity to teach such wonderful children.
I have really enjoyed working for both of you over the years and this is why it was an extremely hard decision for me to make. I find myself in a position where I must move on to be able to grow both personally and professionally. Friday, December 19, 2008 will be my last day as your Kindergarten Teacher.
Tuesday, December 16, 2008
Sure enough I got a phone call with an official offer! And this is where the stress begins.. I kept thinking how am i going to leave my students, students that love and admire me. Students that love being in my class, students that are sad when I'm out for the day! I felt like such a bad person, like such a bad teacher... And then I thought about my friends at work and my bosses and how I love everyone.. And I thought about how comfortable I am there... And that's when it hit me! I can't stay at a job just because I'm comfortable. And just because I'm scared to go somewhere new.
Monday, December 15, 2008
Saturday, December 13, 2008
~Go to our friend James' wedding
What are you doing today?
Friday, December 12, 2008
Thursday, December 11, 2008
The next good deed I put together was a food and toiletry collection for the Troops overseas in Iraq. A good friend of ours(Brian and I) husband is stationed over in Iraq for the 3rd time. And I guess, unfortunately, after being over there 3 times has made the novelty wear off. He isn't getting many packages, letters, or even email.
So what I did is this: I held a collection at school and also donated items.. Such as cookies, candy, deodorant,toothpaste, coffee, etc and have put together two big care packages for him. My class, along with the entire school have made pictures and holiday cards for him. I'm hoping that this makes his stay over the holidays a little brighter....
I know it's made me feel a little brighter doing these good deeds... I hope many lives will be touched this holiday season and made just a little better from the things I have done... One can only hope!
Wednesday, December 10, 2008
I have been doing a bit of online shopping because I'm getting some great deals, actually a lot better then in the stores. And during the holiday season tons of stores and catalogs offer free shipping which I love!!
What I don't love is the fact that sometimes you see something online and it looks big and beautiful and when you order it you expect to receive the the big and beautiful item.
But that's not the case over here at my house. I got home from work yesterday happy to see to packages sitting on the front steps. I opened the 1st package and was quite happy with the gift I had ordered for Brian's sister... I wasn't so happy with the other box I opened (and I can't really say what it is just incase this person is reading my blog, lol)... I was so disappointed to see the the item was small, less brillant in color, and still cost the same as the big, beautiful object online.... Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice...never gonna happen!!!
Tuesday, December 9, 2008
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper most def! Each year it takes me the longest time to pick out the perfect paper. It's kinda my own personal ritual. And I wrap all the presents in the same paper!!
2. Real tree or Artificial? I always grew up with a real tree... But this year it will be fake just because our place is small and it's easier!! But when we get a biiger place you can bet your bottom I'll have a real tree every year! I just like them better!!!
3. When do you put up the tree? Usually the weekend after Thanksgiving!
4. When do you take the tree down? About a week after New Years!! I hate taking down the tree. It makes me sad!!
5. Do you like eggnog? I like it.. but it's not something I drink and look for every holiday season. If it's around I'll have a glass!!
6. Favorite gift received as a child? Every single year I would look forward to getting a new doll... It was usually something I saw at the fancy doll shop when I was growing up or it was a surprise doll. But I looked forward every year to my new doll and adding it to my collection. I still have all of them and hope to have a daughter to pass them on to!!
7. Hardest person to buy for? Brian's parents.....
8. Easiest person to buy for? Brian, hands down
9. Do you have a nativity scene? NO....
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? I mail mine..That is if I have the time to get them out... I bought them early this year and was ahead of the game!!!
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? A used candle...
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? A Christmas Story... Especially when the play it for 24 hours straight!!!
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? I start putting together a list around the end of October and if I have time I start shopping early.. This year i was too crazed to start shopping until December....
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Nope
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Shrimp Cocktail, Stuffed Artichoke's, and my mom's Apple Pie.
16. Lights on the tree? Yes, white lights... when I was little I always wanted colored lights on my tree.. but now as I'm older Brian and I love white lights...
17. Favorite Christmas Song? I too like Santa Baby and Jingle Bell Rock.. Heck.. I love Christmas Songs... They give me holiday cheer...
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? I usually do Christmas Eve and my Mom's house and then Christmas Day at my Aunt's and then go to Brian's Parent's House for Coffee and Dessert... Then Brian and I go back to our house to exchange gifts and watch movies!!!
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Dancer, Dasher, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid Donder and Blitzen... I got them online.. heehee....
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? This year I think we're doing an angel!
21. Open presents on Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas Day with my family and Christmas Night with Brian and his family!!!
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? People that get so crazed and obsessed with shopping...The knock in to you and grab things and are just so pushy.. I feel it defeats the purpose of peace and happiness..
23. Favorite Ornament theme or color? Umm.... I love all of my mom's ornaments.. but she has this teeny, tiny stocking ornament that my great grandmother made for me when I was born.. my entire family has one and we hang them on the tree....
24. Favorite thing for Christmas dinner? Prime Rib and Shrimp!!!
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? I would like gift certificates to Coach so I can purchase the bag I want!! Also I want new Uggs and perfume!! I like surprise too.. But I'm not picky!!!!!
Monday, December 8, 2008
And the Banana Republic Wool Trenchcoat in Cream.
And hey, get some rest....
You're going to busy these next few weeks!!!
PS - What are you hoping for these Holiday Season?
Saturday, December 6, 2008
What Dana Means
You are balanced, orderly, and organized. You like your ducks in a row.
You are powerful and competent, especially in the workplace.
People can see you as stubborn and headstrong. You definitely have a dominant personality.
You are usually the best at everything ... you strive for perfection.
You are confident, authoritative, and aggressive.
You have the classic "Type A" personality.
You are very intuitive and wise. You understand the world better than most people.
You also have a very active imagination. You often get carried away with your thoughts.
You are prone to a little paranoia and jealousy. You sometimes go overboard in interpreting signals.
Friday, December 5, 2008
Thursday, December 4, 2008
After that I went to get some Italian Salad dressing cause we were all out. So as I made my way I noticed a couple(in their mid to late 30's) blocking the entrance to the aisle. So I politely waited as I browsed the seafood section to see if there was anything I was interested in. As I saw them move out of the way I reached for my dressing as the MAN said, "excuse me, where did you get those cookies? They look awesome!" I replied, (not really even paying attention as I tried to pick which dressing I really wanted) "you can find them in the corner of the bakery all the way in the back." And those were the only words exchanged. It was a 5 second conversation and that's it. After, he went on his way!!!
So, as she moved away from her cart to get something I slammed my shopping cart right in to hers to move it out of the way!! What a scene, LOL... Maybe it wasn't the right way to handle the situation, but I figured it was better then slapping her in the face which is what i really, really wanted to do! My blood was boiling, my blood pressure must have been through the roof!!! She was so shocked I slammed her cart, but hey I got around her!!
As I started to calm down I made my way a few aisles down! Now, I was stopped in the baking aisle when the WOMAN must have not recognized me from behind because I heard, "excuse me can I just grab something by?" As I turned around she saw it was me and said, "Oh Shit" I guess I'm going to have to wait now, huh?!?" Her boyrfriend started in saying stuff like how I shouldn't move for her because she was a bitch to me and so on and so on...... So i planted myself in that spot and didn't budge until I was done!!! It was seriously something you'd see in a movie!!
I mean do real people really act like that??? I was so embarrassed for her.. I mean what a low class thing to do.
The rest of my shopping experience was met with awful stares and nasty remarks.. I just ignored them and finished up!!!
Wednesday, December 3, 2008
Tuesday, December 2, 2008
~Kisses under mistletoe
What do you love about the month of December?
Monday, December 1, 2008
Outside of the Wynn
Dinner outside at Lamborghini Las Vegas
At the Hoover Damn: Nevada/Arizona Border