Saturday, November 8, 2008

reaction to FLU SHOT

All i have to say is YUCK(eventhough I'd probably feel better using a different word that ryhmes with yuck)! But i feel totally and utterly yucky! Just like crap!!


So I decided to get the Flu Shot Thursday afternoon.. I have been planning on getting it but just have been putting it off.. So when i walked in to the foodstore Thursday to go grocery shopping I was estatic to see a table set up saying "Get Your Flu Shot Here." I felt like there were no more excuses not to get it!! So I manned up and got the shot!


About 2 hours later my arm hurt like hell! But i brushed it off.. Well yesterday I woke up with the chills and body aches.. I felt horrible all day long.. Now I feel even worse - Fever, extreme Nauseousness, back and body aches, etc.. do i need to go on! I feel like I have the Flu!! GREAT!! Wasn't I trying to prevent this from happening?


So I did some research (i know- I probably should have done it before the shot) and though tons of doctors say you can't get the flu from the shot they do say you get all of the symptoms - so hello? What the hell does that mean? You don't get the flu, just the symptoms; beats me! They also say if it's the 1st time you're getting the shot (which it was for me) that you should expect all of those feelings... So I'm pretty much left miserable now until this god awful feeling goes away!!
I am soooo regretting getting the shot **BIG SIGH**


So much for having a nice, relaxing weekend!!
It's always something isn't it?
So I say BUYER BEWARE of the Flu Shot!
It may make you feel better down the road - but not off the bat!

14 comments:

Tipp said...

Bless you! I feel like crap too, we can feel bad together!

Christy said...

Oh no! I am sorry friend.

Anna said...

I'm so scared to get the flu shot. First of all I hate shots and second of all I'm scared to get the flu or "flu symptoms."

I hope you get feeling better soon!!

Anonymous said...

Well, at least you tried and thought you were doing the right thing. That counts for something. I have never gotten the flu shot and have only had the flu once in my life. Odds are I'll be safe.

Mama Smurf said...

I had the same symptoms the first time I received the shot...BUT I don't anymore....AND....the symptoms you're experiencing are still far better then get the ACTUAL flu! Don't give up on the flu shot!

Auburn Kat said...

I got the flu one year and it was absolutely awful, so ever since then I've gotten the flu shot every year and never have gotten sick from it. Usualy my arm gets super sore from it but this year they gave me the shot while I was in the hospital and on morphine, so I didn't feel a thing!

Fell better!

Pam said...

I'm so sorry! I hope you feel better soon!

Danielle said...

I hope you feel better soon!

Stephanie said...

Aw, I hope you feel better. I have be advised by my doctor to get the flu shot because they don't want me getting it while pregnant. But I don't want it to make me feel bad!

amanda said...

Ugh Dana! That is awfulll.
I hate that. You try
to do something good for
your body, but instead
it backfires. I got the
flu shot last year and
this year...and I've still
been struck by the bug.
PSHHH.

GET BETTTTTERRR!

Sarah Elizabeth said...

Poor thing! I have never gotten one, and probably won't after hearing that story. Or I'll at least wait until I know I will have some down time to recouperate!

I hope you are feeling better by now!

EP said...

I hope you're feeling a lot better now, girl! Being sick is awful, no matter what's making you feel bad.

Pierrette said...

I never get the flu shot anymore, I got it once and that year I got the flu. Also the flu shot contains mercury.

Unknown said...

Back about 30 years ago or so I wasn't in the habit of getting annual flu shots. Then in the winter of 1980-81, I got the flu twice - which left me rather debilitated. Being young, I bounced back - until a day hike brought on double pneumonia! I was treated as an outpatient at a hospital and released to convalesce in the care of my girlfriend. Several days later I finally was able to stay awake long enough to drive home - a one-hour drive. I was sick for weeks. (I don't even remember how many.) During the illness I felt like I was drowning and kept coughing up thick green junk from my lungs that smelled - literally - rotten. I don't ever want to get this terrible disease again.

Since then I've always gotten the annual flu shot, and recently the pneumonia shot as well, and have never had a repetition of flu or pneumonia.

When they tell you the chances of an adverse reaction to a flu shot are much less than the probable consequences of getting flu - believe them! Yes, there may always be tragic adverse reactions to inoculations. I do believe that pressure should be kept on the drug industry and the government to insure that vaccines are as safe as they can possibly be. But you are taking your life and health in your hands when you skip getting recommended inoculations. (You may also be putting your loved ones at risk of catching the flu from you.)